This Forum has changed!

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: This Forum has changed!

Post by Maria »

I want to thank Jonathan for creating a more positive Christian site.

With the four private forums, we in the TOC can now discuss concerns without scandalizing people. Great move, Jonathan.

Glory to Jesus Christ. Glory forever.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Mark Templet wrote:

Let's face it, when you have two or more people involved in something-- there's politics in it.

If we were all spiritual-minded, then we wouldn't need an internet forum. Our spiritual mothers and fathers would tell us to go home and cry over our sins and never lift up our eyes to judge others.

The problem is that we as human beings are terrible at communication. We rarely say what we mean and mean what we say. We are greedy, power-hungry empire-builders. And right now we are cornered by the Evil One in this world and the only way we seem to promote ourselves is to knock down everyone else's sand-castles.

We are little more that overgrown two-year-olds (especially myself). Why should we honestly expect any better?

Yes Father Mark,

This is very true.

Yet we should strive to radiate Christ's love in our posts and remember the saying of St. Seraphim of Sarov that if we acquire the Holy Spirit then thousands around us will be converted.

Yes, I fail too, and as the Nativity Fast approaches, I beg each and everyone of you to forgive me a sinner.

Respectfully yours in Christ,
Maria

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

asthione
Faith: Orthodox - or dead
Jurisdiction: GOC Kallinikos

Post by asthione »

Dear administrators,

I have a question and I hope that don’t disturb anyone:

Why at 'Resources' - 'True Orthodox Churches' links to the other jurisdictions like for example that of Bp. Gregory (Grable) of Colorado or GOC Matthewitte under Archb. Nicholas are not included?

Philoteus

Post by Philoteus »

asthione wrote:

Dear administrators,

Why at 'Resources' - 'True Orthodox Churches' links to the other jurisdictions like for example that of Bp. Gregory (Grable) of Colorado or GOC Matthewitte under Archb. Nicholas are not included?

Interesting that there is no reply to your question asthione! Doesn't that speak for itself?

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Philoteus wrote:
asthione wrote:

Dear administrators,

Interesting that there is no reply to your question asthione! Doesn't that speak for itself?

I don't understand asthione's question. The Resources page has no links to jurisdictions, but only articles about the Orthodox faith.

You don't make yourself welcome here, Philoteus, by making accusations of bias. Firstly, you have no evidence for bias. Secondly, if you don't like the way things are run around here, you can go found your own forum. This is not a democracy.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by jgress »

Forgive me, I realize now what asthione meant. Yes, I see that the Links page is missing a link to Abp Nicholas' Synod and to Bp Gregory of Colorado. I'm not sure whether Bp Gregory's "jurisdiction" is really qualified, but in any case, I'm not actually authorized to make changes to the Links page, but only to the Forum. You will need to contact the site owner, Fr Anastasios.

In XC

Jonathan

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

Regarding the content of the forum, the content is made by the users who write and post... It depends on them. The fact is that I am a bit surprised seeing people in quest from spiritual food in a forum. To be sincere, this would not be the first place I would go. I have me prayer books and in particular the menologion that I bought month after month. There is much daily spiritual food in it with the services for the saints and feasts (I also have a Triodon lent, a pentecostarion). Spiritual food is also praying and not only reading... and forums don't permit to pray...

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.