New lower price: The Holy Orthodox Bible, Vol. 1

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.
Christophoros

New lower price: The Holy Orthodox Bible, Vol. 1

Post by Christophoros »

The first volume of the Holy Orthodox Bible, containing the Pentateuch from the Septuagint, is now available for $32 (was $52). An excellent buy, especially since the translator, Mr. Papoutsis, is self-publishing this work.

http://www.peterpapoutsis.com/

DavidHawthorne

Looks Good

Post by DavidHawthorne »

I have seen this site before and am considering purchasing the volume. It certainly is a greatly needed work and a labor of love for the translator. My only hang up with it is that I was raised as a really Bible-centered Protestant and so the traditional Anglicized names of people and places are very familiar to me. So it throws me off with the literallly transliterated Hellenized version of the original Hebrew names. I have had the same problem with Brenton's Septuagint- could I be straining at the gnat of a familiar transliteration while swallowing the camel of the wrong text-type (Masoretic vs. LXX)...............in any event, as I am able, I have been copy/pasting Brenton's LXX and changing the proper nouns to the more familiar Anglicized variants for my own personal readings.........

In Christ,
Rd. David

Papoutsis1
Jr Member

Post by Papoutsis1 »

Hello:

I just found this forum and the nice little information on my translation. First, thank you very much for the kind words, and second more of The Holy Orthodox Bible has been translated and avaibale as downloads as e-books. So please visit www.peterpapoutsis.com and see what's new.

Also, please note that The Holy Orthodox Bible Vol IV, The Twelve Minor Prophets will soon be availabe as a download e-book from www.peterpapoutsis.com. Hope to see you there.

Yours In Christ

Peter

The Apostate

Post by The Apostate »

Dear Peter,

I thank you for your contribution to the spiritual lives of so mnay through your hard work and prayers. I am also greatly tempted by your publications. However, I have held out so far because I really would like to have the actual book rather than the e-book (which is a format that just doesn't work for me - I'm a bed-reader and have a desktop rather than a laptop).

So my question is this: if folk were to buy the e-books, will there be a discounted upgrade if they then purchase the actual volumes when they become available? If not, I'll wait until they're all published in hard copy but if so, I may consider getting the e-books for short-term use in the meantime.

Many thanks.

Papoutsis1
Jr Member

Post by Papoutsis1 »

Dear Michael:

Yes there will be a discount. I have made it a practice to Get The Holy Orthodox Bible into the Hands of as many people that want it. If I sell you The Holy Orthodox Bible as an e-book and you come back to by the actual Hardbound version I will give you a discount, just remind me that you previously bought the e-books so I can check my records and if you are a purchaser of an HOB e-book you will get the HOB hardcover at a 50% discount. Take care and God Bless, and if you do buy the HOB e-books let me know what you think.

Yours In Christ

Peter