History of E. Cafe and O.C. Net

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

I thought OC.net was administered by Father Anastasios Hudson, who is an exemplary True Orthodox priest. Is this not correct?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Lydia wrote:

I thought OC.net was administered by Father Anastasios Hudson, who is an exemplary True Orthodox priest. Is this not correct?

Yes, Father Anastasios of the GOC/HOTCA is our Admin and Webmaster.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

jgress
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Re: Long Skirts (ankle length) vs. Short Skirts

Post by jgress »

Fr A started OC.net many many years ago, before he was even Orthodox. I think he was still Byzantine Catholic at the time. Later he joined the OCA, and then HOTCA. I think all the other moderators there are World Orthodox, and some may even be Monophysites (the current WO position seems now to have settled on the Monophysites, "Non-Chalcedonians", being completely Orthodox, and the lack of communion being a purely administrative matter).

You are right that many opinions expressed there are un-Orthodox, or at least anti-traditionalist. Fr A's position is that at least it's a forum where the True Orthodox are allowed a voice; most WO sites would simply ban anyone expressing TO opinions.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Re: History of E. Cafe and O.C. Net

Post by Lydia »

Thank you both for the info. I recently watched a video made by Father Anastasios. I was greatly impressed by his gentle manner and the strength of his Orthodoxy. I hope he will be inspired to produce more of these!