Which One Are You Closest To?

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

What Political Denomination Are You Closest To?

Poll ended at Sun 20 June 2004 10:37 pm

Democrat

13%

Green

No votes

Independent

33%

Libertarian

7%

Republican

47%

Total votes: 15

Justin2

Which One Are You Closest To?

Post by Justin2 »

I just wondered what everyone was leaning towards. It's only fair that I let you all know that my tally goes to "Independent". I'm not a fan of party lines.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I don't really know how to answer this one. I've been told I completely cancel out one libertarian. I think I most fit something like the Christian Democratic Union of Germany.

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited by romiosini on Sat 17 September 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I tend to be ultra-conservative socially (abortion, homosexuality, etc.), but fiscally moderate (e.g., I don't have a problem with so-called "trickle down economics," but then I also don't have a problem with limited government spending on certain social problems that most conservatives do have a problem with). I remember reading through the Republican platform a few years ago and don't remember having any major problems with what it said (of course, what the Republicans actually do... that's another matter! ;) )

Etienne

Post by Etienne »

:? What a question. When I was younger in a matter of weeks all sorts of right-wing, centrist and left wing parties tried to recruit me, including the Russian Monarchist League. Each told me that my attitudes and beliefs made me an ideal member of their party*!?

Since then I have become increasingly aware that none have a Christian agenda, and many work against such. However, in many one comes across something or someone that resonates. In Greece (and probably Ireland too) I get told politicians are all thieves, and self serving. That is maybe a bit harsh.

So to answer the question, "none of the above".

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Justin,

I just want to know why the Palaeologos Dynasty wasn't listed?

Ever since the "Byzantine Prince" asked us for help in restoring the Roman Empire and conquering the Balkans and Turkey I have to admit I have been kept awake at night more than a few times thinking about it.

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited by romiosini on Sat 17 September 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.