OOD In Greek

Η θέση σας που επικοινωνεί στην ελληνική γλώσσα.

Nektarios
Jr Member

OOD In Greek

Post by Nektarios »

Hello its Nektarios the Marine,

I had a question, I got a tattoo on my chest of the Byzantine Double-Headed Eagle on my Left chest and I want to get it finished and add the Phrase Orthodoxia E Thanatos over the crown and cross in the greek language I want to make sure that I have the correct spelling in greek before I get it inked. Can some one please type in greek characthers the correct spelling for the phrase "Orthodoxia E Thanatos". Thanks.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41cb9038 ... _/be43.jpg

Nektarios
Jr Member

Post by Nektarios »

So much input thanks for the help.

In Christ
Nektarios

Mor Ephrem

Post by Mor Ephrem »

You do realise that you posted on what is one of the busiest holiday evenings of the year (regardless of what calendar you use in church), right? They'll chime in soon enough. Alternatively, you could try looking through the gallery of available avatars...I believe one of them is a black flag with what you're looking for emblazoned on it.

icxn

Post by icxn »

Ορθοδοξία ή Θάνατος

George Australia
Sr Member

Post by George Australia »

ByzantiumWarrior wrote:

I was hoping my silence might put you off....I just don't like the idea of young people getting tattoos. Every one of my friends over 40 who was tatooed in their younger years now regrets it.
Can't you find a better (and more temporary) way to spend your money? What about a nice henna tattoo?:)
PS- I think the link you posted is incorrectly typed- the URL doesn't exist.

"As long as it depends on Monothelitism, then Miaphysitism is nothing but a variant of Monophysitism."

George Australia
Sr Member

Post by George Australia »

ByzantiumWarrior wrote:

In Christ
Nektarios

By the way, how can someone who makes a sarcastic statement like this then sign off "In Christ"? Sarcasm is not "in Christ", it is "in the devil".

Q: If I speak a sarcastic word to someone, and he doesn’t understand it, should I repent before him, or be silent and give him no thought about this?
A: If the brother does not understand that you spoke to him in sarcasm, be silent and do not disturb him; but strive to repent over this before God.

From "Saints Barsanuphius and John: Guidance Toward Spiritual Life," trans. by Fr. Seraphim Rose, (Platina, California: St. Herman of Alaska Brotherhood, 1990)

"As long as it depends on Monothelitism, then Miaphysitism is nothing but a variant of Monophysitism."