Can I go to Athos?

Moderators: Mark Templet, Mark Templet

Euthymios

Post by Euthymios »

joasia,

forgive me for my behavior. I haven't been myself lately. I'm not usually like this at all. I love you as a sister in Christ. And I ask that everyone just ignore me and don't pay attention to anything I say. I won't be here much longer. Clearly the devil has come here and has been working through me to sow discord. He is obviously bothered by the traditional stand and love evidenced here.

I ask all readers forgive me if I have ever sinned against you in word, deed or thought. Thank you.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Euthymios

We all have struggles. You asked if I ever suffered for the faith. Yes...I did and still do.

You are not the only one that thinks about being a monastic. So maybe, we can all help each other.

The people here are quite nice. You'll have some that just want to argue, but the rest do care about having a spiritual conversation.

I've visited other sites and they seem bland and shallow. Plus, they are predominently new calendar.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)

Philoteus

Re: Can I go to Athos?

Post by Philoteus »

You must give up your American citizenship. State Greek Government says so. Stay home. They are New Calendarists.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

test

Aristokles
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Post by Aristokles »

Philoteus wrote:

You must give up your American citizenship. State Greek Government says so. Stay home. They are New Calendarists.

Probably correct on citizenship but I think you err on the calendar.