Orthodox caskets/coffins, etc

Kybihetz21

Orthodox caskets/coffins, etc

Post by Kybihetz21 »

I may have asked this already, but I know there is always someone that knows better and has updated news ... Does anyone has any idea of where to find burial caskets/coffins made for Orthodox Christians? I know that Kizhi Works used to make them but stopped at some point (The MA Lukianovs), and that there is a MP Priest that makes them too (under Met. Hilarion), but I recall that one of the OCA monasteries used to have a site where they sold them, but I have not seen them in a long time. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Martha
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Chrysostomos II

Re: Orthodox caskets/coffins, etc

Post by Martha »

A local (upstate New York) stone mason and master woodworker, Mark Arrow will craft wooden caskets to specification. I am acquainted with Mark and can vouch for the quality of his work. I have seen one of his completed caskets and it was quite beautiful, yet simple.
Mark also constructed the Orthodox church that I attend. You may see photos of the church, as well as some of Mark's woodworking on the site linked below. Feel free to contact him for more information.

http://markarrowmasonry.com/index.php

Martha
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Chrysostomos II

Re: Orthodox caskets/coffins, etc

Post by Martha »

Perhaps I was unclear.........Mr. Arrow is not a manufacturer. He is an independent craftsman and small business owner.