UK vs Russia?

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

UK vs Russia?

Post by Maria »

http://yournewswire.com/russia-declares ... rs-issued/

I hope this is only speculation.

There has been too much saber rattling here and across the pond in the UK against Putin and Russia.

Let us pray that we are not on the verge of WWIII.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: UK vs Russia?

Post by Barbara »

I haven't yet looked at the specific article. But I believe that this is ALL hype to strike terror into the hearts of
the world. I haven't paid much attention because i think all the hostile reports are propaganda. I don't expect
any WW3. Life will go on, as it always has : crises built up to a crescendo. Then defused at the last minute.
Usually. We pray so.

Somehow it also seems like a game that the Western powers are playing, enticing the RF like dangling a string
before a cat and watching it leap into action.
It doesn't seem as real or threatening as the media keeps trying to pretend by frantic reporting of Russia's every move as creating a situation where the world is on the brink of a gigantic East-West conflict.
This effort to drum up "drama" falls flat on its face as it seems so transparently false.

Lydia
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ex-HOCNA and searching

Post by Lydia »

Barbara wrote:

I haven't yet looked at the specific article. But I believe that this is ALL hype to strike terror into the hearts of
the world. I haven't paid much attention because i think all the hostile reports are propaganda. I don't expect
any WW3. Life will go on, as it always has : crises built up to a crescendo. Then defused at the last minute.
Usually. We pray so.

Somehow it also seems like a game that the Western powers are playing, enticing the RF like dangling a string
before a cat and watching it leap into action.
It doesn't seem as real or threatening as the media keeps trying to pretend by frantic reporting of Russia's every move as creating a situation where the world is on the brink of a gigantic East-West conflict.
This effort to drum up "drama" falls flat on its face as it seems so transparently false.

I pray you are right, Barbara. It does frighten me.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Another interesting story that caused Russia to become alarmed especially if they could uncode the sensitive messages.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/13/82084 ... c-redirect

For the past week, something strange has been going on in the European internet. For five days, web traffic from Texas to certain addresses in the UK has been routed through Ukrainian and Russian telecoms, taking a detour thousands of miles out of the way. Network traffic often takes a circuitous route as a result of network congestion or interconnection difficulties, but neither one would be enough to account for these routes. Instead, this was the result of a bad route announced by Ukraine's Vega telecom, inserting itself in between. "At this point, I have to believe this was an innocent mistake by Vega," said Dyn's Doug Madory, who first discovered the redirection, "but it's concerning nonetheless."

""At this point, I have to believe this was an innocent mistake.""

This phenomenon is known as "route hijacking," and it's a common security concern for network engineers and security researchers alike. It's particularly disconcerting because of the sensitive nature of many of the sites involved. Among the dozens of sites involved was the UK's Atomic Weapons Establishment, which is tasked with managing and delivering the UK's nuclear warheads, as well as the UK's official mail service, the Royal Mail. US defense contractor Lockheed Martin was also running a VPN connection that was caught up in the redirection.

Note that the Royal Mail is not encrypted. Why?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.