Open Letter to P. Francis < ex member of Roman Curia

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Open Letter to P. Francis < ex member of Roman Curia

Post by Maria »

http://www.onepeterfive.com/open-letter ... man-curia/

Below are some excerpts (or rather highlights) from the English translation of the German posted by OnePeterFive on December 9, 2015, so some things could have been lost in translation.

...Following your own example, I shall omit to speak about all the good that you are doing and are speaking and I shall thus only list those aspects of your exercise of the papal office which seem to me to be problematic:

1. An emotional and anti-intellectual attitude of yours which is often tangible and which has difficulties in dealing with theories and doctrines ...

2. Authoritarianism ...

3. A populism of change ...

4. Your own conduct is seen as a critique of how your (often canonized) predecessors have lived, talked, and acted ...

5. Pastoralism ...

6. Exaggerated display of the simplicity of your own way of life ...

7. A particularism which often subjugates the goals and purposes of the Universal Church under the viewpoints of only a part of the Church ...

8. An urge for constant spontaneity ...

9. Lack of clarity about the interconnectedness of religious, political, and economic freedom ...

10. Meta-Clericalism ...

[conclusion]

Unfortunately, I know that you are not yet capable of dealing well with such criticism – that is why I do not put my name on this letter. I want to protect my superiors against your wrath, especially the priests and bishops with whom I have worked for many years in Rome and from whom I have learned so much. You might want to work on taking away such fears – from me and from others – or, even better, to make such letters as this one superfluous, namely, by learning something from others.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Open Letter to P. Francis < ex member of Roman Curia

Post by Matthew »

What is there to disagree with?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Matthew wrote:

What is there to disagree with?

Exactly, why is he not with us?

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

probably still enslaved by "unity is only in the pope apart from which there is no slavation"

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Matthew wrote:

probably still enslaved by "unity is only in the pope apart from which there is no slavation"

Exactly. They fear leaving the Pope because they believe their salvation comes through the Pope. They got it backwards.

It is Christ Who saves us.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

And it is not just that it is Christ who saves, but that He saves SOULS--Human Souls. The gospel is about what Salvation is about, and what Christ's reason for the incarnation and his mission on Earth is about---SOULS. Not the environment. Here is a new video by Michael Matt discussing Pope Francis' lastest video on Save the Environment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9UtQS ... e=youtu.be

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Matthew wrote:

And it is not just that it is Christ who saves, but that He saves SOULS--Human Souls. The gospel is about what Salvation is about, and what Christ's reason for the incarnation and his mission on Earth is about---SOULS. Not the environment. Here is a new video by Michael Matt discussing Pope Francis' lastest video on Save the Environment!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9UtQS ... e=youtu.be

Yes, I just saw that. You beat me to it.

Lord have mercy. Gore must be proud.