St. Herman of Alaska Monastery Evacuated

Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

I found this post on several bulletins from my various Orthodox myspace friends:

This morning, the Monks of Saint Herman of Alaska Monastery, the place of Blessed Seraphim Rose's repentance, were evacuated due to a mandatory fire evacuation. At noon today, the fire was 1 mile from Platina, where the Monastery is located. The monastery contains within it Blessed Seraphim's grave, his cell, where he pioneered the translation of Orthodox literature into English, his old printing press, holy objects from the island of Valaam, and many other sacred things. Please pray for the safety of the Monastery, as well as the safety of the Monks.

Some people prefer cupcakes. I, for one, care less for them...

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

Who cares? They are in communion with ecumenists and Freemasons. They are in communion with the MP. They have betrayed Orthodoxy.

GOCPriestMark
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC-Metropolitan Kirykos

Post by GOCPriestMark »

Incognito1583 wrote:

Who cares? They are in communion with ecumenists and Freemasons. They are in communion with the MP. They have betrayed Orthodoxy.

Apparently, i have a reputation for banning people from this forum without giving them a warning. This and one other post today have put you on the short list of those who need not to be here.
This is your warning.

==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==

Priest Mark Smith
British Columbia

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

Ban me then. I stand by what I said.

jckstraw72
Jurisdiction: OCA

Post by jckstraw72 »

Christ prayed for those who crucified Him.

Glory to God for all Things!

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

jckstraw72 wrote:

Christ prayed for those who crucified Him.

Why just pray for people with the label of "Orthodox? Do you pray for Mormon's, Buddhists, Witches, and Communists when their homes are threatend with fire? You know you don't. Practice what you preach.

valentina_1

Post by valentina_1 »

I'm tired and kindly fed up with your negative comments, if you do not have anything constructive to comment, simply stay out. As Father Mark replied "This is your last warning".
Please, keep all of your derogative remarks to yourself. I and many others would simply appreciate it!

Any comment that I read from your are simply NASTY, and sImpLy NOT NICE.

We have lots of other issues to cover, that require more energy and efforts.

Your humble servant .

Valya