Please pray for Seraphim and Sarah!

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Please pray for Seraphim and Sarah!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Please pray for Seraphim and his wife Sarah. Sarah has terminal cancer. She may have months or perhaps weeks to live. Seraphim has been destroyed by this news but is carrying on strong in his Faith. yet he needs prayers and so does she. Thank you.

P.S. This is not Seraphim Reeves, but the Seraphim that runs the Paradosis list.

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Wed 20 August 2003 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

:( :cry: We will be praying for them!

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

They will be added to my prayers.

Pokoj,
james

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

May God grant Seraphim the strength to endure in this difficult time. May He grant Sarah a quick end to her suffering. Blessed are those whose are granted suffering in this world and not in the next!

James -- Just a note -- you use the work pokoj for peace. In Russian pokoj is used as in "may he rest in peace". You may perhaps want to use the word mir or мир ... our priest uses this or rather "Mir Doma" as in Peace onto this house when he enters a home.

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Just got an update!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Things are not looking good, here is the latest note:

Dear friends and Fathers,

Fathers bless.

I know many of you have been praying for Sarah all along. We brought her home with hospice last Thursday, but she is fading fast. I had to take her into their inpatient unit this afternoon. She has not been able to keep any food down, and she has been unable to go to the bathroom. Please pray that she will get through this episode (in addition to prayers for a complete cure, of course). There is a clinic in Mexico that I had hoped to take her to, and I was just trying to figure out how to find the money. So, if she does return to me again, I also ask that you pray that I am able to take her there. I have other remedies people have given me that I could do at home, but her condition is going downhill so fast that I do not think I have time.

Thank you all.

In Christ,

Seraphim

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I just got this update from Seraphim and Sarah's priest:

Sarah, I find it so difficult to write this, has only a few hours left, a day at the most according to her doctor and nurses. Although, only God knows. She is fully prepared to meet our Savior. She has received confession, the Holy Mysteries, and prayers are continually being said. Her sister and brothers are with her, along with close friends, and Seraphim's mother is due to arrive at any time.

Please pray for the dying Sarah and her distraught husband Seraphim.

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Praying :(