I was just in a car accident.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

I was just in a car accident.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

The trunk and back end of my car are smashed in and my back, neck and head are very sore. Please pray for me!

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

Nick:
You are in my prayers. I hope you will feel better soon.

With your recent string of "bad luck", might I suggest you have a moleben served? One certainly in thanksgiving that you were spared in your accident and another one for help and guidance.

It can't hurt...... Milla

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

:shock: Praying! Did you pray to God that he teach you patience or something, Nicholas ;)

Mor Ephrem

Post by Mor Ephrem »

Dear Nik,

That's horrible, but thank God you're alright! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Bro Nicholas,

IMO luck has nothing to do with it, your faith is being tested, as Job was, aka by the evil one.

Again I will pray for you & family.

james

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Update!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Thank you all for your prayers and responses. Here is a quick update:

Here is a quick update, as sitting for more than a few minutes hurts my back. I was waiting to merge on to Route 15 when I was hit from behind. The estimate of a few people is around $6-7,000 of damage to the car. My attorney will be getting the insurance company to do a proper estimate at the body shop with folks he trusts. There is a slight chance that they will total it out because of the frame damage in addition to the rear quarter panels, bumper and trunk needing replaced. :-o

Code: Select all

The doctor gave me Naproxen to stop the inflammation and help the pain. He said that although I am in pain and stiff today, tomorrow will be much, much  worse. Not fun! :-(  

For the next 2 days I am supposed to lay around sleeping as much as possible and ice my back and neck. I also have therapy with a chiropractor/therapist every day of this week. My medicine will make me sleepy and maybe dizzy so I have to take it with food and cannot drive after taking it, so I will be taking it after I take Anastasia to school, after I pick her up and before bed, as I have to take it thrice a day. :-/ 

Like I said, I am supposed to ice it for the next few days. When muscle spasms come after that I am supposed to use heat. All in all kind of a bummer of a day, but at least the injuries were not to severe! They could have been worse. :-) 

I will try to check online every now and then, but as I said, sitting hurts, so I would like to ask all of your prayers please.
ania

Post by ania »

Wow, it must be something about September 9th. 3 years ago, I had a head-on collision while driving my parent's van on the same date. A couple months after that, I managed to drive my own car into a guardrail (black ice). You have my sympathies & prayers. Molebni are always good, we had one after each of my accidents.
A friend of mine, who I called after the first accident, & joked about it, died 3 weeks later when the truck she was riding in rolled over. Took me a while to get over that God chose for her to die, (she was much nicer, & definately much more pious than me), while that accident, as far as damages wasn't as bad as my first one.
Anyway, thank God your alive, & I pray for your speedy recovery.
Ania