an interesting theory?

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

LIUDMILLA

This seemed like an awfully low number when compared to the number of people in the world (by the way the righteous people were not limited to jews...). Then I thought of the old testament story of Lot and thought...hmmmmm maybe it's not so low.

If we are speaking of truly righteous people (saints) and not just people that might get into heaven just barely, then I'd say that it's possible :( .

And if I may add another thing to think about, here's another one. It is said that the end will not come until the entire world has heard the Gospel. I know that at least one Father/Saint taught that this meant that the Orthodox faith (ie. the unpolluted Gospel) had to be preached to the whole world. The problem is, we Orthodox are doing little to reach "the whole world" (I don't say this as a judgment, certainly we Orthodox haven't had the ability for the last hundred years or more to go about and teach as we might have liked). Nonetheless, one Church in one country does not mean that the entire country is hearing the Gospel (as taught by Orthodoxy), does it? So what does this mean? That my understanding is off, or that the end is quite a ways away?

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Howdy!

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I have added the ability to add comments directly at my blog now, so hopefully we will not be overtaking any more good threads with comments on it. :D

Justin, I have understood it that everyone in every land must have heard about Orthodoxy and when that moment comes, here comes the anti-Christ.

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Insane ramblings from a esteemed Orthodox Christian ???

Armageddon ?

james

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Here the Orthodox faith, or the true Orthodox faith? I'd love to hear what Julianna, et al think of this. If someone hears an Antiochian Priest preach to them, does that mean that they have heard "Orthodoxy" to a great enough extent that the prophecy is being fulfilled? Or does everyone need to hear the unadulterated gospel truth of Orthodoxy? If so, the traditionalists of the world--especially the ones with more extreme ecclesiology--are put in a very difficult position.